Tuesday 10 May 2011

A romantic weekend

Lucky me, a wonderful surprise for my birthday, whisked away to Paris for the weekend by my dear husband. 

Tickets booked for the Eiffel Tower so we could bypass the queues.  We were able to go right to the summit  and had fantastic views even though it was hazy.


It was rather high!


Lovely patterns in the ironwork.


Beautiful bridges across the Seine.

A trip to Galeries Lafayette.



And as for the food!

Beautifully arranged patisserie...

fruit as pretty as a picture...

multi-coloured tomatoes...

yummy artichokes...

and incredible cheeses!  


Probably best not to stand on the scales for a while!  I was very spoilt and very lucky.

2 comments:

  1. I am your first follower. Looks like you had an amazing time, yes i am still jealous. Loving your pics and yummy food x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely pictures. It looks like a great trip, but I`m now suffering from serious cheese envy. Japanese food is great but they just don`t do cheese or bread (>.<)*

    Lots of love,

    Hannah

    ReplyDelete